Welcome to my adventures and experiments in creativity. Where writing is like running: sometimes I know where I'm going, and sometimes I see where the mood takes me.


Wednesday 27 April 2011

Reading Light (POEM)

Reading Light

I am the darkness.

I am the end of the world.
I am the stopping of clocks; the silence of tick-tock, tick-tock.
I am the black hole that can swallow galaxies.
I am the question: “Am I awake, or is this all a dream?”

I am the absence of light.
I am the eternal night.
I am the one who has been proved right, for
I am so much more than you ever imagined.

I am present at your moment of defeat.
I am the voice that haunts your purgatory.
I am the only one who can show you the way.
I am the hope you turn to only at the last.

I embody the fires of hell.
I am what my dreams have made real.
I am the crushing might of all the Gods.
I am the bringer of doom; a cascade of wrath.

I am the slayer of kings and destruction of authority.
I am a decimating force more powerful than nature herself.
I am … Oh.
The lamp just needs a new bulb.

No comments:

Post a Comment